GURUDWARA SHRI DARBAAR SAHIB KHADOOR SAHIB
GURUDWARA SHRI DARBAR SAHIB KHADOOR SAHIB is situated in the Khadoor Sahib city in Taran Taaran Distt. The Eight Guru Sahibaans with their visits to this place made this land a Holy place. SHRI GURU NANAK DEV JI during his preaching tours, came 5 times to this place. GURU JI used to stay at BIBI BHARAI’s house. During GURU JI’s last tour when BIBI BHARAI requested GURU JI to stay for one more day, GURU JI replied that he would stay for many days & would take rest on this bed only where he was sitting.
- SHRI GURU ANGAD DEV JI sat on the throne & came from Kartarpur, Pakistan to Khadoor Sahib on the orders of SHRI GURU NANAK DEV JI & stayed at BIBI BHARAI’s house for 6 months & 6 days & devoted himself to Naam Simran. GURU JI took rest on the same bed regarding which GURU NANAK DEV JI told about. At last BABA BUDDA JI disclosed YOU. SHRI GURU ANGAD DEV JI spent whole of his time as a GURU, for around 13 years, here only by serving his followers with Naam Updesh and at last on March 29th 1552 A.D. , GURU JI Left his heavenly abode at this place.
- In the year 1541, SHRI GURU AMARDASS JI came to SHRI GURU ANGAD DEV JI & for around 12 years, with his devotional service, used to fetch a water filled Gaagar early morning from the Beas river Goindwal Sahib, which is around 9 kms away, for GURU JI to take bath. HIS service was acknowledged & hence he got “Gurta Gaddi”.
- SHRI GURU RAMDASS JI while going from Goindwal Sahib to Guru Chakk (Amritsar), visited KHADOOR SAHIB as well.
- SHRI GURU ARJUN DEV JI while going from Goindwal Sahib to Amritsar, visited KHADOOR SAHIB.
- SHRI GURU HAR GOBIND JI after the marriage of his daugter, BIBI VEERO, went to Goindwal Sahib through KHADOOR SAHIB along with his family. Also some scholars of Sikh Panth, after the cremation of BHAI GURDASS JI, spent the afternoon at KHADOOR SAHIB while going to Amritsar.
- SHRI GURU HAR RAI JI while going to Goindwal Sahib along with 2200 horse riders, visited KHADOOR SAHIB on the way.
- SHRI GURU TEG BAHADUR JI after acquiring the GURGADDI, in relation to the upkeep of the various places related to the First GURU sahibaan, came to KHADOOR SAHIB.
- Religious Scholar BABA BUDDA JI spent around 12 years here. Here only BABA JI applied Tilak to SHRI GURU AMARDASS JI when he took GURGADDI.
- Great Philosopher BHAI GURDASS JI spent quite a long time here.
- Here only SHRI GURU ANGAD DEV JI worked on improvement of Gurmukhi Lippi & wrote the first Punjabi book in rememberence of which
KILLA SAHIB : This place was house of a weaver which was purchased later on by Guru Sahib. According to the SAKHI, GURU AMARDASS JI brought water for sacred bath of SHRI GURU ANGAD DEV JI for twelve years from the river Beas at Goindwal Sahib. During this service of bringing water, GURU AMARDASS JI fell striking against the peg of the weaver. After hearing the noise of falling of SHRI GURU AMARDASS JI, the weaver said ” Who’s there?”. The weaver’s wife said ” Who else might be there. He might be the homeless Amroo” & spoke some objectionable words against GURU ANGAD DEV JI. GURU JI could not tolerate these words & said casually ” Mad, you may say whatever you like against me but donot say anything against my GURUJI. The weaver’s wife actually became mad & with the sacred touch of feet of GURU SAHIB, the peg turned green & developed into a full grown “KAREER” tree. With time, the tree lost its life & till now its preserved in a frame for the devotees to pay tributes at this sacred place. GURU AMARDASS JI was crowned as GURU by BABA BUDDA JI. GURU ANGAD DEV JI gave twelve blessings and ordered ti install the sacred town GOINDWAL SAHIB as a place of service.